Friday, April 30, 2010

Leivermann out for weekend

Corey Leivermann will sit out the first two games of the USHL's Clark Cup championship series, as he is still suffering the effects of the hit he took in a playoff game in Omaha on April 17.

Leivermann's Fargo Force team is playing the Green Bay Gamblers in a best-of-five-games series, starting tonight (Friday) and Saturday in Green Bay, Wis.

In a phone conversation on Friday afternoon, Leivermann said he has started skating but still feels "woozy" at times. Besides suffering a concussion, he said needed more than 25 stitches to close the cut on his head and had those removed recently.

"I'm feeling a lot better," he said from his Green Bay hotel room. "I'm not playing tonight or tomorrow, but I'm still hoping for Game 3. ... It's been tough. I've been skating in the mornings by myself. I watch practice but I want to be out there."

Game 3 will take place on May 7 in Fargo, N.D.

No comments: