Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another D commits to MSU

According to Minnesota Hockey Hub on Thursday, Eagan High School defenseman Eli May has committed to Minnesota State. The senior is a 6-foot-1, 190-pound blue liner on a team purportedly loaded with Division I talent. May played two seasons in the fall Elite League, too.

According to the Hub's story, May is sold on the MSU coaches, saying: "I like the coaching staff. I just really liked the environment. They say you should go with your gut feeling, and I went with my gut."

May is a co-captain on the state's fourth-ranked team.

The story doesn't say when May is coming to Mankato. I'm speculating it will be after a year of junior hockey, considering he's a current high school player (there just aren't many who are making the direct leap these days) and the fact that MSU has two D coming in next season and is losing just one, Cameron Cooper — well, two, if we count Joe Schiller, which I suppose we should be doing now.

No comments: