Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hockey music

My friend and colleague Robb Murray has started a cool feature on his blog in which he invites folks to submit music playlists. I got the chance this week and decided to make mine about the music played at the Verizon Wireless Center during Minnesota State hockey games.

After covering the Mavericks for more than a dozen years, a lot of the music has grown stale, and I think it's time to mix in some fresh licks. I love that the pep band is back, but the pumped-in tunes aren't going away anytime soon.

Take a look at the my post and see what you think then come back here and post your own ideas.

2 comments:

MSU Grad 97 said...

I love the classic rock stuff, and I wish they would get rid of all country. I guess I am okay with the goat-roping as long as it is done by the former Mav, though. Thank God for no more Cotton Eyed Joe. Love the band; let them play most of the stuff! You're ideas on the other site were decent, too, Shane.

jeff_williams said...

I read his before I read yours so I commented over there. 100% agree on Brownlee. And Hockey Monkey by the Zamboni's during Little Chippers. Not all the time though nor on repeat for the whole frame.