Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bismarck forward commits

Bismarck Bobcats photo
Last week, Minnesota State received a commitment from NAHL rookie forward Jared Spooner, who recently completed his season with his hometown Bismarck Bobcats.

Spooner had 43 points this season, including 34 assists, even after a slow start to his first year of junior hockey.

“Visiting Mankato, it felt like home," he said in a team release (see link below). "I got to room with (2011-14 Bobcat goalie and soon-to-be MSU sophomore) Aaron Nelson on my visit and then talked with him again this past weekend while I was making my decision. But, more than anything I chose MSU because in talking with coach (Mike) Hastings, I came to really believe in his system and the direction the program is heading.”

Read more about his commitment here.

No comments: