Friday, September 17, 2021

A new season, a new venture

Hello! 

We're only a couple of weeks away from the start of the 2021-22 hockey season, and I'm excited to say that I'm still hanging around the sport!

After taking a bit of a stab at it last spring before the playoffs, I'm proud to announce that I'll be hosting the Maverick Hockey Live Podcast this season. This will be a weekly feature as part of a bunch of content Minnesota State hockey is rolling out this year.

I recorded the first episode this week, and it was released today. I talked to a couple of super-senior, fifth-year players, both defensemen — one you all know well and one you might not. Jack McNeely is returning to the Mavericks with his extra year of eligibility granted due to the pandemic, and Benton Maas comes to MSU for his extra season after four years at New Hampshire. Each offered a different perspective as to why he is at Minnesota State for a fifth year of college hockey (McNeely isn't alone; teammate Reggie Lutz is also back with the Mavs for a fifth season). 

Give it a listen here (or go to Apple Podcasts or other podcast apps and subscribe):


I'm considering some other areas to involve myself in covering some college hockey this season. One consideration is to start a Substack page, possibly with a paid subscription. For now, get in on the ground floor with that by signing up here.

No comments: