Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Brownlee a 'rising star'

Good things keep happening to former Minnesota State hockey captains.

Last week, David Backes was named captain of the St. Louis Blues, and Monday night, Backes' old teammate Chad Brownlee earned the Rising Star honor at the Canadian Country Music Awards. Of course, Brownlee was asked about hockey after receiving the award.

"All the guys at the hockey shop. All my hockey buddies and my coaches. They all hinted for a lot of years that I should hang up the skates and play music and I didn't listen to them," Brownlee told the Toronto Sun. "So I don't know if they were bashing my hockey skills or saying I was a good musician."

A year ago, Brownlee was the winner of the CCMA's New Artist Showcase.

More info on Brownlee can be found on his website, and you can even buy some cool CB gear there.

No comments: