Monday, January 19, 2009

Get your boot on!

It was a good morning in Mankato. Members of the MSU athletic department put on their annual Martin Luther King Day boot hockey game at Thomas Park near Mankato East High School. About 20 people were out on the ice, slipping and sliding and trying to score goals. It reminded me about something the comedian Denis Leary said about people who get depressed in the winter months: "That's why we invented hockey and skiing." Everyone, myself included, needs to get outside more in the winter and enjoy it, whether it's boot hockey, skiing, snowshoeing, sledding or just getting a little cold, fresh air in your lungs for a bit.

By the way, PucKato had two goals, one assist and a near-concussion when I fell and banged my head on the ice. I'm OK, and I'll be back next year.

3 comments:

Scott Nelsen said...

sure, only post your stats... :)

Shane Frederick said...

I don't have an official score sheet. Maybe they took my assist away or gave me another. I believe S. Nelsen had a hat trick and should have been voted Comeback Player of the Game.

Paul Allan said...

Any chance you can post a photo of the welt on the back of your head? I bet it was a good one.