Friday, October 23, 2009

Quiet promotion

I'm not sure how I missed this, but there was no announcement about this ...

I was listening to "The Troy Jutting Show" on KTOE radio Wednesday night, and assistant coach Darren Blue was filling in for the head coach.

At least I thought it was assistant coach Darren Blue.

As they were going to a commercial, host Mike Sullivan said something like, We'll be right back with associate head coach Darren Blue. I perked up, grabbed my media guide, flipped to the coaches section and, sure enough, Blue was listed as the Mavericks associate head coach.

So somewhere between assistant coach Eric Means' departure to the head coaching position with the MSU women's hockey team, the hiring of Means' replacement, Todd Knott, and the announcement of Jutting's contract extension, Blue got a promotion. Blue, a former MSU captain, is in his 10th season with the Mavericks' staff.

What does it all mean? I'm not sure yet. I'll talk to the coaches and find out if and how his duties have changed with the new title.

No comments: