Thursday, February 28, 2008

Linder to play

I went to MSU's practice Wednesday to get some pre-series information before the Mavericks left town for Colorado Springs. One thing I wanted to get was some reaction from coaches and players on the death of Ron Linder, father of senior defenseman and assistant captain R.J. Linder. 

But who do I see skating as soon as I walk into the rink area? R.J. Linder.

Less than 24 hours after his dad died, Linder was back in practice because, he said, that what his dad would have wanted. Linder, who missed Tuesday's game against Nebraska-Omaha in order to be with his dad and his family at the end, said he will play against Colorado College this weekend. Ron Linder's funeral will be March 9.

"I think he would be upset up there if I missed a game or a practice because of his funeral," Linder said.

You can read more on R.J.'s decision as well as a full preview of this weekend's series in Friday's edition of The Free Press.

No comments: